Your Children's Fine Art Portrait
A beautiful fine art portrait of your son or daughter on display in your home is a real statement about what you care about. It is a daily joy to you, and a boost of confidence to them.
We take photos of our children all the time. Instagram, Facebook, Email - there are more photos being taken every day than were taken every year when you and I were children! So why a child portrait?
Your Children's Fine Art Portrait is an investment in your memories
When your children have grown up it will bring back all the memories of when they were young. You may want to feature a specific part of their childhood - that special dress they loved so much, the teddy that went everywhere with them, their favourite book or toy. Your portrait is not just a picture - it is specifically designed to capture memories.
With each generation your portrait will grow in value. Imagine your grandchildren giggling or staring in awe as they look at their mummy or daddy when they were young? What stories will be told? Now imagine further still, when their children have the same experience a generation later! What an amazing way to enthral generations of your family!
Your framed portrait is a visual piece of art. It is made to be seen. It deserves to be appreciated on a daily basis. Unlike a digital image that comes and goes so quickly, your portrait is printed on 100% cotton rag, framed by hand and is protected by reflection free 'art glass'. Your framed portrait is so much more than just a digital file. Do you look at the photos on your floppy disks? What about Minidiscs? Technology comes and goes.
Letting your children know that they are beautiful helps guard against self image problems as they get older.
My straightforward approach
We have four children. I know that going anywhere with children can be stressful. Children + you being stressed = bad portraits. So I make it easier - I come to you.
- Your child is at home - so they have access to all of their toys, clothes, books etc. This is great as we are creating memories - so we want some of their stuff in their portrait.
- Your child is at home - so they can have a break if they need it
- You are at home - so you are more relaxed, so your child is more relaxed, and capturing a natural portrait is that much easier
- You are at home - so no packing up the car, finding parking, dealing with restless siblings, panicking because you have forgotten the ribbons for the dress.......you get the idea!
- There is no time constraint, no limit to the number of changes of clothes
- Your portrait session is fun, not fraught